Park Sydney is a transformational urban renewal project by joint venture partners Greenland and Golden Horse Australia, located in the bustling inner-city suburb of Erskineville. It is one of the largest masterplanned projects in Sydney.
Delivered over seven stages, and encompassing 6.9 hectares, the project will revitalise the former light industrial site between Ashmore Road and Coulson Street. The residential community will feature nine development blocks ranging in height from two to eight storeys and will ultimately be home to approximately 1,400 premium apartments.
Park Sydney incorporates Erskineville’s extensive heritage into the design, honouring the distinctive urban fabric of this iconic suburb. Upon completion, it will form part of the larger Ashmore Precinct urban renewal project and will build upon the eclectic and vibrant eastern Erskineville community.
As one of the most significant new developments in the city, Park Sydney residents will experience integrated living, with apartments, retail outlets and other lifestyle amenity, including:
- a mini-major supermarket and other specialty and convenience retail
- a dedicated dining strip with cafes, restaurants and other food and beverage offerings
- the 7,446sqm McPherson Park at the heart of the development
- BBQ facilities, amphitheatres, playgrounds, walkways and cycleways into the city
- an onsite childcare centre
- Erskineville Train Station within close proximity
- recreational facilities including the Erskineville Oval and 40-hectare Sydney Park located only a few hundred metres away
- prestigious educational offerings within easy reach include three of Australia’s top 10 universities – the University of Sydney, University of NSW and the University of Technology Sydney
Buildings B and C, or Botany and Cascade, were designed by WMK Architecture, received DA approval in December 2018, and are currently under construction. Completion is scheduled for the end of 2020.
They will feature 330 distinctive and modern apartments with angled balconies providing privacy and maximising natural daylight and shading.
Retail amenity will cover 10,000sqm and include a 4,000sqm large mini-major supermarket, 1,000sqm of specialty and everyday convenience shops, and a 2,200sqm fresh food market.
Food and beverage offerings will cover 1,200sqm and include cafés, restaurants and other curated experiences. Meanwhile, renowned foodie destinations including The Grounds, Oscillate Wildly and Black Star Pastry are all in close proximity.
Staging for Park Sydney has been altered since the original plan and will now be delivered as follows:
- Stage One – Building B & C
- Stage Two – Building A
- Stage Three – Building F and McPherson Park
- Stage Four – Building D
- Stage Five – Building E
- Stage Six – Building I
- Stage Seven – Building G & H
Progress Summary (April 2019)
Construction at Park Sydney, Erskineville’s new masterplanned community is progressing well, with initial milestones already achieved for 2019.
Richard Crookes Construction is currently working on the basement, which will service all of the project’s buildings.
Cranes have also now been installed on site to enable above ground construction to commence soon.
For more information on Park Sydney, or to lodge an expression of interest in an apartment, please call 1800 388 788 or visit parksydney.com.au.